Howard Bryant (07870) 813145 Email
1930h on Tuesday 13th March 2018. Meeting in front of Blind Jacks hostelry in the Market Square, Knaresborough. Allow time for parking. Some of the main car parks are not very large and do not accommodate many cars.
Knaresborough is an historic market and spa town mentioned in the Domesday Book and located on the River Nidd, some 4 miles east from Harrogate. The town hosts an annual Bed Race every year on the 2nd Saturday in June. The town is famous for its ruined castle, Mother Shipton’s Cave and a House In The Rock. Rumour has it that Daniel Craig has a second home in the town! Knaresborough is accessible by bus and train from Leeds, for those arriving without a car.
Practise low light photography and using your cameras on the Manual setting. Instruction will be provided as required. Essential to bring a tripod and a powerful torch, and recommended to bring a remote camera shutter release. Bring some comfortable walking boots, as there is a steep-ish climb towards the end of the trip.
From an initial meet by Blind Jacks, we shall take some night photographs around the market square, and practise our low light camera settings. Then we shall walk through the town, taking in some of the architecture by night and some light trails from vehicles and traffic lights. We then proceed to the River Nidd and take some amazing shots of the river and railway viaduct by night, and the trip culminates with a walk along the riverside followed by a steep-ish walk up towards the Castle, to take in the famous view of the railway viaduct and river by night from a different perspective.
NEED TO BRING:
- Money for car parks, and optional refreshment to finish at Blind Jacks.
- Camera and accessories as mentioned.
- Waterproofs (just in case) and walking shoes.
NEED TO LET LEADER KNOW:
- That you would like to attend (by end of Thursday 8th March 2018).
- Your contact details (mobile telephone number, email, address).
- If you are willing to be the driver for the evening.
- If any special health issues that may affect our evening.
CONTINGENCY PLAN: If bad weather, may be postponed to another Tuesday. Leader will contact by telephone no later than 1730h on the day. Otherwise assume the trip is going ahead.
Latest posts by howardbryant (see all)
- SCC KNARESBOROUGH NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY TRIP: TUESDAY 13TH MARCH 2018 - March 4, 2018
- SCC FAIRBURN INGS TRIP: SUNDAY 22nd OCTOBER 2017 - October 16, 2017
- TYNESIDE TRAVELLER : SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2017 - September 25, 2017
- SCC FUTURE EXCURSIONS PLANNED 2017/18 - September 25, 2017
- What Do We Do At Selby Camera Club? - July 14, 2015