LEADER: Howard Bryant (07870) 813145 Email Howard
STARTS: 1000h on Sunday 22nd October 2017. Meeting in main RSPB Reserve Fairburn Ings Car Park. Meet in this car park. Cars from Selby may be available. Car Park postcode is WF10 2BH. Grid Reference is SE 451 277. Fairburn Ings lies 1.5 miles to the West of the village of Fairburn, and is indicated on brown signs with RSPB logo once in Fairburn.
BACKGROUND: Known primarily as a reserve for ornithologists, Fairburn Ings is a revamped former coal site that has been turned in to an amazing RSPB Reserve with a recorded 280 bird species. October sightings include kingfisher, osprey and a variety of funghi. By the end of the trail, you will know what connection Fairburn Ings has with William the Conqueror in 1066.
AIMS: Practise compositions, and some macros. Bird and insect photography, and flora. Camera settings (as required). Bring zoom lenses if you have them, for images from the bird hides.
ITINERARY: Meet in Fairburn Ings Car Park at 1000h. Go around Riverbank Trail, which incorporates 5 hides, and walk as far as Fishing bay areas near Cut Lane. Reverse trip back, arriving c.1200h at Visitor Area. Light refreshments and books available.
NEED TO BRING:
- Money for petrol. Parking is £3 per car per day or part thereof to non-RSPB members, or Free to RSPB Members.
- Money for refreshments
- Camera and accessories as required (zoom, macro lenses?)
- Waterproofs (just in case)
- Binoculars (if desired) or bird spotting
NEED TO LET LEADER KNOW:
- That you would like to attend (by end of Thursday 19th October)
- Your contact details (mobile telephone number, email, address)
- If you are willing to be the driver for the day
- If any special health issues that may affect our day
CONTINGENCY PLAN: If bad weather, may be postponed to another Sunday. Leader will contact by telephone no later than 0900h on the day. Otherwise assume the trip is going ahead.
Latest posts by howardbryant (see all)
- SCC KNARESBOROUGH NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY TRIP: TUESDAY 13TH MARCH 2018 - March 4, 2018
- SCC FAIRBURN INGS TRIP: SUNDAY 22nd OCTOBER 2017 - October 16, 2017
- TYNESIDE TRAVELLER : SUNDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER 2017 - September 25, 2017
- SCC FUTURE EXCURSIONS PLANNED 2017/18 - September 25, 2017
- What Do We Do At Selby Camera Club? - July 14, 2015